PC optimization improves the life of your PC and prevents viruses, bugs and malware from infecting your important and critical data. It is very effective in improving the speed of your computer and increasing the productivity of your business. Optimisation is useful for removing unwanted images, files, videos and audio from your system. You may have seen in one of my articles that the native Windows 10 cleanup can do an initial cleanup of your system. But to make sure you clean and optimise your PC, a utility will be essential.
What is the best cleaning software for Windows?
The easiest to use
CCleaner is probably the most famous Windows cleaning tool of all. This software utility is not only for Windows 10 (and older versions), it is also available for macOS. Its paid version Ccleaner Professional Plus is available for £24.95. What makes it one of the best free PC cleaning apps is the many features it offers in addition to data deletion. For example, you can use it to wipe your hard drive.
Although this PC optimization tool is quite popular, there is growing skepticism about its use due to some features such as active monitoring that could make users question the privacy aspect. However, Piriform has taken steps to address these issues.
- An easy-to-use application that scans for unwanted data on machines and removes it quickly.
- Users can configure the type of data that the PC cleaning software should remove during the process.
- Smart cookie scanning to leave login information intact while deleting browsing data.
- The free version of CCleaner includes features that do the job most of the time.
- The user can exclude specific folders from the cleaning process.
- CCleaner includes many other additional functions such as Disk Wiper.
- Receive regular software updates, but the free version does not update automatically.
- Free version
- Basic PC and registry cleaning
- Standard privacy protection
- Professional version at 19.95€ instead of 24.95€.
- All the features of the free version
- PC Health Check
- Automatic software updates
- Faster computer
- Privacy protection
- Real-time monitoring
- Scheduled cleaning
- Premium technical support
- Professional plus version at 34.95€ instead of 39.95€.
- All the features of the Professional version
- Hard disk defragmentation
- File Recovery
- Hardware inventory
The first version of CCleaner is free, the professional version offers a 14-day trial.
The best software for optimising your PC
users who want reliable and easy-to-use PC cleaning software. However, this tool from Avast comes at a price. But you can give it a try and see if it meets your needs.
- The user interface is beautiful and easy to navigate.
- Can delete unnecessary files related to various supported applications.
- Sleep mode prevents less needed applications from consuming system resources.
- Can detect and suggest removal of bloatware and other less used applications on your computer.
- Can erase temporary browsing data for over 25 supported browsers.
- Includes built-in disk and registry cleanup tools.
- 1 PC version at 44.99€ per year instead of 59.99€.
- Sleep Mode
- Automatic maintenance
- Registry Cleaner
- Optimisation dashboard
- Automatic update
- Disk monitoring and cleaning
- Browser cleaning
- Bloatware removal
- 10-device version for £49.99 per year instead of £69.99
- All the features of the 1 PC version
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android
- Version 1 PC offers a free 30-day trial before you decide.
The most intelligent
Advanced SystemCare is another free PC cleaner and optimizer you can enjoy on your Windows machine. It is developed by IObit, which makes other useful Windows utilities including Uninstaller, Start Menu for Windows 8, etc.
- It can optimize startup, delete unnecessary files, repair redundant shortcuts, delete browsing data, etc.
- This PC optimizer can check obsolete system drivers and optimize RAM usage.
- Displays a desktop widget with real-time data on RAM and CPU usage.
- Can shut down your PC at a specific time.
- Free version
- AI mode
- Firewall protection
- Software health
- Real-time RAM and disk space adjustments
- File cleaner
- Pro version at 19.99€ for 1 year and 3 PCs
- Features of the free version
- More advanced cleaning with AI
- Internet speed optimization
- Secure browsing and privacy
- The pro version is perfect for combining PC cleaning and data security.
The all-in-one tool
In addition to the optimization functions, Ashampoo WinOptimizer is one of the best PC cleaning programs for removing junk from your computer. In addition to cleaning the PC, it can perform other tasks such as displaying detailed system information.
- A nice and thorough user interface that displays all options in a clear and easy-to-use manner.
- Can remove unnecessary files, invalid shortcuts, browser tracks, etc.
- Can be used to disable Windows telemetry, change file associations among various customisation options.
- Provides a tool to evaluate the performance of your hard drive.
- Free version
- Robust early warning system against system failures
- Home page with eight optimisation tools
- Handy task scheduler for maintenance and optimisation
- Over 30 modules to make Windows the perfect system
- Improved Uninstall Manager with additional details
- Brand new cleaning modules
- Two program skins available
- Full support for Secure Boot
- ADS Scanner for hidden data streams
- Paid version at 29.99€ instead of 49.99€.
- All the features of the free version
- Can be used on 10 PCs
AVG PC TuneUp
Ideal for improving performance
PC, disk and browser cleaners. You will benefit from full automatic maintenance. It will speed up your Windows PC and free up space by deleting unnecessary files. AVG PC TuneUp will help you uninstall unnecessary software. It can automatically update your programs and clean your registry.
- AVG PC TuneUp offers an automatic maintenance feature that cleans up browser traces, tracking cookies, cache files and program remnants.
- It optimizes the PC through sleep mode.
- Provides a software uninstaller that can detect unnecessary software and help you remove it.
- It can update software such as Java, VLC, Skype, etc. to their latest versions.
- 1 device version at 49.99€ instead of 59.99€.
- Automatic maintenance and registry cleaning
- PC optimization and sleep mode
- Unwanted software removal
- Deep disk cleaning
- Automatic update of current applications
- 10-device version for £59.99 per year instead of £69.99
- All the features of the 1 device version
- Support for Windows, Mac OS and Android systems
The 10-device version offers a free 30-day trial, perfect for getting a feel for the quality of the product.
AVG TuneUp is the solution if your PC takes too long to start, programs run slowly, games stutter and the web is slow. The automatic maintenance feature allows you to tune up your PC every week.
For a thorough cleaning of your browsers
your online activity in one place by scanning browsers. It will help you clean up cookies and login data. With just one click, it will allow you to clean your entire online history.
- CleanMyPC provides a multiple uninstaller that will completely remove applications with their remains.
- It provides a list of auto-run items so you can easily disable them and speed up your PC.
- It will be easier to locate and disable add-ons that are not needed as CleanMyPC will keep them easily accessible.
- CleanMyPC will help you get rid of the hibernation file.
- It securely deletes files so that no one can retrieve them and misuse them.
- 1 PC license for 1 year at 39.95€.
- 2 PC version for 1 year at 59.95€ instead of 79.90€.
- 5 PC license for 1 year at 89.95€ instead of 199.75€.
- Final purchase of 1 PC for 89.95€ instead of 199.75
- Buy 2 PCs for 134.95€ instead of 179.90
- Lifetime license for 5 PCs at 199.95€ instead of 449.75€.
All versions come with a money back guarantee, so you can test the product.
CleanMyPC helps you solve hard drive fragmentation, junk files and registry problems. It is an easy-to-use tool that will make your PC look like new.